Thursday, October 18, 2012

Backyard View -- Fall 2012

I don't have to go very far to see some gorgeous color. This is view from my back yard -- a neighbor's dock on our tiny lake (the lake is so small, no motors are allowed). Lots of maples make for lots of yellow and an occasional red (my favorite). In a couple weeks the branches will be mostly bare.

It's amazing what you can find while looking for something else. I was hoping to find my Halloween wall hangings, and happened upon a UFO (UnFinished Object for you non-quilters).

These New York Beauty blocks were pieced on printed muslin (I think a Sharon Hultgren pattern). My friend Debbie and I finished the blocks a few years back.  The original idea was to set the 12 blocks 3 by 4, with the rays facing the same way. Now I'm doing a new layout just for fun.

I am not sure why it didn't get finished right away, but it could have to do with my worries that the muslin piecing wouldn't be as accurate as paper piecing and worries that the blocks wouldn't fit together very well. I'm over those worries and just want it done!

Scaredy cat Buddy says "Let me in! I hear noises".

No comments: