Monday, March 5, 2012

Sixteen patch(es)



Lest you think I am all about hand work, I assure you I am not. Machine piecing is my forte. My latest machine stitching project (another long-term one, I'm afraid) is sixteen patches. The working title is Sourdough. Why? Because I bought 8 to 10 fat quarters at a quilt trunk show and once I got them home, I realized they all worked together. Then I added Kaffes, batiks, Australian pieces and others, and the project exploded, just like a sourdough starter out of control! Everything was cut into 2.5-inch strips, sewn together two at a time, cross cut 2.5 inches, turned into four patches, then blocks, four-patch by four-patch.  I have well over 100 blocks done, with 30 or so more to complete.

It's either going to be really, really great quilt top, or a hot mess. Can't wait to see.

2 comments:

Mama Pea said...

Hopping over to visit from Caroll's blog. I love your title for this quilt! It's awesome! Sourdough. So clever, given your reason. I live down in Kazoo. Hope we get to meet up sometime via Caroll!

Connie Kresin Campbell said...

Great looking blocks! Looking forward to seeing more, Caroll told me about your blog!