Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Yellow and Grey, Oh My!

A new secret group baby quilt in the making for a coworker.
A sampling of fabrics used.

Mom and dad don't want to know the baby's gender until it is born, and so mom decided on a yellow and grey color scheme. Of course, I couldn't leave that alone (plain grey and yellow? Boring...to me.)
I threw in some Kaffe prints that have the requisite grey and yellow, plus other fun colors.

I picked out the fabric, with 6 yellows and 6 greys.  Theses yellows and greys will be 6.5-inch blocks surrounded by 2.5 inch strips (grey strips on yellow, yellow strips on grey). I'm hoping it will look sparkly and fun.

We have 6 baby quilt sewers this time, including me, and a quilter (I hope). Not sure who's going to do the binding, now that Nancy has retired.  Everyone (except the vacationing Deb) got their assignments this morning at work.

Will show you some layout fun when I get the blocks back in 3 weeks.


No comments: