Monday, May 6, 2013

Yellow and Gray baby quilt top done

Rosie gives a final CAT scan before I sewed the blocks together.

Finished top with some sunshine effects. It's always a challenge to get group blocks to fit together nicely. I gave myself some wiggle room by cutting the squares and strips for everyone, and making the strips slightly wider than needed so the blocks could be trimmed to the same size.


Here's the back (with more sunshine effects).

And in keeping with the yellow theme, here are my lovely Trout lilies. These are freebies that showed up in my yard one year, (they love the cedar chips) and they keep coming back every spring. They are only around for a couple of weeks, then they go underground until next year. I just love 'em.

3 comments:

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

I have never seen Trout lilies. The leaves are interesting too. You can't beat free plants!

West Michigan Quilter said...

I don't remember ever seeing those flowers before either. They are pretty. Love your quilt. Those colors and choice of fabrics are fantastic together. I do what you do...cut large and then square up.

Amy said...

I love your sun shiny baby quilt.