Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Marilyn's Garden close to done

I have a new quilt I have been working on in secret..."Marilyn's Garden".

An overview from my cold and windy porch tonight.
Marilyn is Marilyn Mook, one of my professors and friends from Michigan State University who passed away a couple of years ago. She used to donate a quilt to the Michigan Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics' (formerly Michigan Dietetic Association's) state conference every year to help our Association make money for dietetic student scholarships. I made this quilt and am donating it to the Association to honor her memory (and hopefully make money for the same cause).

Marilyn had a nice perennial garden that ringed the edge of her fenced yard, thus the name of the quilt. This quilt will be given to one lucky ticket buyer this Friday. I had better get working on the binding!

The binding will be the same batik as on the front of the quilt...doesn't it look great with the back?

2 comments:

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

That is beautiful and I hope it raises a lot of money for the cause.

Jeanne said...

A beautiful quilt to honor your friend. Somebody will be lucky to win it!