Friday, June 29, 2012

Trimming tedium


Not much happening here other than trimming over 400 3.5-inch squares!  I am the coordinator of the top-secret group baby quilt project, and no, I am not normally anal. But when there are 6 different quilt block sewers, there are 6 different quarter-inch seams. If we want to have a prayer of these blocks fitting together nicely, these squares need to be trimmed to a consistent size.  

Picture me with my 3.5-inch square Creative Grid ruler, turning and cutting, turning and cutting, turning and cutting. Whew!   


This is the Step 2 directions I wrote out for my sewers when I return 8 blocks-worth of trimmed half square triangles to them.

By the way, the baby is due early August. I still feel we can get it done before the baby gets here, but then I have always been an optimist. We already gave her an i.o.u. at the work baby shower today.

2 comments:

West Michigan Quilter said...

OMG, you are way more diligent than I am. I had 134 squares to cut and sew and decided that was way to much for me and it went into the UFO pile. Love the colors in your quilt.

Exuberant Color said...

I hope the blocks come out a better matching size than the squares did. I'm not a fan of group projects after winning blocks in a drawing once.