Friday, June 29, 2012

Trimming tedium


Not much happening here other than trimming over 400 3.5-inch squares!  I am the coordinator of the top-secret group baby quilt project, and no, I am not normally anal. But when there are 6 different quilt block sewers, there are 6 different quarter-inch seams. If we want to have a prayer of these blocks fitting together nicely, these squares need to be trimmed to a consistent size.  

Picture me with my 3.5-inch square Creative Grid ruler, turning and cutting, turning and cutting, turning and cutting. Whew!   


This is the Step 2 directions I wrote out for my sewers when I return 8 blocks-worth of trimmed half square triangles to them.

By the way, the baby is due early August. I still feel we can get it done before the baby gets here, but then I have always been an optimist. We already gave her an i.o.u. at the work baby shower today.

2 comments:

West Michigan Quilter said...

OMG, you are way more diligent than I am. I had 134 squares to cut and sew and decided that was way to much for me and it went into the UFO pile. Love the colors in your quilt.

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

I hope the blocks come out a better matching size than the squares did. I'm not a fan of group projects after winning blocks in a drawing once.