Friday, June 1, 2012

New top secret baby quilt project


A group of us at work will be making a baby quilt for a co-worker. This first time mom-to-be is not interested in doing baby colors -- she will be using her guest room for the baby, which is decorated in jewel tones. I picked the fabrics above as a starter, but I need another light batik.

Of course I had to throw in the teddies for the backing, cuz who wants a boring baby quilt? Hah. Mom does not know what we are up to, and will not see it until it is done.

I am in charge of choosing the pattern (it will be like this) and assigning tasks for each sewer. I will be getting everything prepped and a little tutorial written up for each person. Almost like teaching a class, I'm thinking. I will show you the steps as we make progress.  To be continued....

No comments: