Thursday, September 6, 2012

Covering holes in Aunt Pat's Wedding Ring Quilt

Well, I just learned Monday that Aunt Pat is due here for a visit in less than 2 weeks. Yikes! I was hoping to have her quilt (made for her by her Grandmother in the 1950's) repaired before she and Uncle Bud came to Michigan (from Oklahoma) for their annual fall visit.
Progress (albeit slow) on Aunt Pat's quilt.
I still have many "squares" to appliqué over the well-worn pieces (some with outright holes). I'm trying to match the "feel" of the fabric, because I don't have a source for real 1950's fabrics.

After that's done,  I plan to tie a false back to the quilt (to protect the real back, which is worn through in spots). And last but not least,  finish with a new bias binding (the old one is totally worn through). Even if I didn't have to work, I'm pretty sure I couldn't get it done on time.
Repairs still needed every place there's a square with a pin.
I had better keep plugging away and maybe I'll have a chance to show her my progress...

No comments: