Monday, September 24, 2012

Making fabric from scraps and strips

Here's what I have been doing on and off when I need some mindless sewing.
I see potential for table runners, placemats, and cross-cutting some of the longer strips into diagonally-stripped squares.  Not sure what I'm going to do for sure, but that's OK.


My lowest contrast selection. I can tell you, I won't be joining the "low volume" or low contrast quilt fad any time soon. I would have to fix it to make it perkier. Or else fall asleep sewing. One or the other.
Lots more scraps where these came from!  

p.s. I'm still adding appliqué patches to Aunt Pat's Wedding Ring quilt. I have to call the patching done after about 8 more patches (because I keep seeing more and more that have tiny holes and it could go on forever if I let it).

No comments: