Thursday, April 5, 2012

Applique hearts project

Hearts, hearts, hearts. This is the project where I learned to do back-basted appliqué. I had a pile of 5-inch squares from Country Stitches in Lansing, Michigan (purchased in the late 1990's, before 5 inch squares were popular) I matched compatible squares, drew the hearts on the back of the background square, and started stitching. It was my carry-along hand project "forever". It took me so long to do that I'm sure my bee members were (are) totally sick of seeing my hearts (my bee, Georgetown Circle, meets monthly). 


I still need to add borders and quilt it, probably with a combo of machine and hand quilting to get it finished in a timely manner.

1 comment:

West Michigan Quilter said...

Yes, took a while, but wasn't it worth it! Your quilt is lovely! I love applique and your hearts look perfect.